The staff at MAT are dedicated to helping you achieve your competency goals. Each staff member has individual skill sets and interests. You can find out about us by clicking on the links below.
Hi I'm Michael and I am the owner/principal of m-a.training. I am an Automotive Technician by trade, school teacher (K-12) by profession, and a tinkerer by hobby. I have a wide range of interests that include more than the automotive industry. Within automotive I am interested in training, developing content, sharing knowledge, and of course building Australia's finest Automotive training portal.
Outside of automotive I am passionate about the environment, computers, and animals.
- 1st car 1952 Standard 10 (your average 10 HP Victa lawnmower has more horsepower than it did)
- 2nd car 1982 Holden TF Gemini (I fitted a 1.8 litre G180 from a Rodeo into it)
- 3rd car 1977 Pontiac Trans Am (Genuine Bandit, 400 ci or 6.6 litre 4 speed manual. I regret selling this car)
- 4th car 1989 Toyota FJ75 Troopcarrier (I fitted a 5.7 litre HSV VT Series 1 Commodore V8 (not LS) to replace the Toyota 4 litre 3F 6 cylinder)
- 5th car 1996 Holden VS Commodore
- 6th car 1980 HDT VC Commodore
- 1952 Holden 48-215 rolling body
Family cars (current and previous)
- Volkswagon Beetle
- 1973 Valiant Charger (215 Hemi 3 on the tree)
- 1976 Chrysler GC Galant station wagon (1.6 litre Saturn, Borg Warner 35)
- 1969 Holden HT Kingswood (186, Aussie 3 speed column shift, beautiful car)
- 1982 Ford XE Falcom station wagon (3.3 litre Alloy II crossflow, 3 speed column shift)
- 1989 Nissan Pintara sedan (2 litre automatic).
- 1996 VS Commodore (listed above as mine)
- 2006 Hyundia Getz
My automotive work history
I have worked in many different workshops (dealerships, general, and council) in New South Wales, South Australia, and the Northern Territory. In dealerships I have worked on Holden, Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Suzuki, Chery. In general workshops I have worked on everything customers have brought in (including trucks), in council I have worked on cars, trucks, small engines, and plant equipment. I do not profess to know everything about all these different sections of the automotive industry but have had a wide range of experiences that I hope to share.
Why not add this site to your feed to keep up with developments?.
Contact: [email protected]